Friday, July 27, 2012

Facebook, classes, newsletter

My Studio

Lots of news...
  • Teresa Mallen Studio is finally on Facebook. If you can see this entire blog page, then you will be able to see the Facebook badge in the column on the right. If you subscribe via email or some other way in which you don't see the whole page, you can find me by clicking Facebook. Go ahead and 'like' my site!!!! Thanks.

  • I am offering a class this fall entitled Coloured Pencil Basics. if you have ever wanted to explore the world of cps, then come to my studio for two full days and get all the tips and tricks explained to you. As for the picture above, well I add more tables to my studio space when teaching and the doggie isn't around. (this isn't our new pup, this is our last dog that passed away back in December, just in case you are trying to keep up with my life and are getting confused) Anyway, I realize that dogs, especially big dogs with deep sounding barks, are not for everyone so our new guy won't be allowed to visit during class. For a complete run down of the course, please click here. Registration is now open. You can register on-line with your credit card via the shopping cart on the site. Note, you do not have to be registered with PayPal in order to use your plastic. Spaces are limited so don't delay.

  • My summer newsletter has just been published and sent out to my newsletter subscribers. It arrives in your inbox via email. Didn't receive it? Perhaps you have changed your email address since subscribing, or perhaps it got picked up by your spam filter - maybe you need to add my email address as one of your accepted ones or goodness, maybe you haven't ever signed up? If you want to read my newsletter simply sign up to receive one - click here to do that. And please note, I only send out an issue a couple of times a year. I have no intention of inundating you with spam. My in-box gets full enough too and I have no desire to be a nuisance. The newsletter lets you know what shows I am going to be participating in, you are the first to find out about classes that are being scheduled and I share any other tid bits of news that are relevant at that time.

    Keeah, enjoying some freshly cut meadow grasses

    I would like to say thank you to the lovely folks that have taken the time to email me to say that they like seeing the farm animals. This one is for all of you! :-)

    8 comments:

    Ester Roi said...

    Oh yes, I'm one of the lovely folks who likes to see your farm animals. Also, welcome to Facebook, Teresa! I was glad to see you there.

    Teresa Mallen said...

    Thanks Ester! I must admit I am struggling with Facebook. I would like to 'subscribe' to your page but I haven't yet been able to. Also, I wasn't able to leave a comment. I know it is just me - I will get there. I just need to spend more time 'fiddling'. I am enjoying reading about your time at the art show - at least I can read your posts! LOL :-)

    Jennifer Rose said...

    i love your studio, its bigger then this house lol

    need a cleaning lady? :p

    Teresa Mallen said...

    Kind of a long way to travel to do some cleaning! :-) The studio is around 700 sq. feet. Our first house was 950! The picture doesn't show my wall of closets nor my couch (for those 'inspiration naps' LOL). If any readers are starting to feel a bit green with envy, remember, I have to heat this space in the winter! There, that should make you feel better!!! :-)

    Jennifer Rose said...

    that is almost twice as big as this house! lol

    heating for the winter here, $700 for about 3-4 months. electricity a month is $160, water is only £20 tho lol

    Ann said...

    Maybe a wood stove could take some of the chill out of the air in that vast studio space :-) You are a busy lady, Teresa! I look forward to your Facebook updates. And that Keeah looks like a real charmer

    Teresa Mallen said...

    Jennifer Rose - you would fall down in a faint if you knew what it took to run this big ol' house. In our defense we didn't build it! LOL Still, many artists pay a lot of money to rent studio space because their home isn't suitable. I am grateful to not to have to commute to work (and who would be on site to chase away the fox?) and the size does allow me to teach and have exhibits here. So some advantages...

    Ann- I have considered a wood stove but installation would be tricky - I won't give up a window and I have large cedar trees right outside those windows that would be in the way if a stove pipe were to get installed. Can't lose the view of snow on cedars, nor blue jays and red squirrels in the branches! I don't actually heat the whole room in winter. I have a zonal heating approach. I have a baseboard electric heater to keep the place warm enough so that all of my plants are okay and then I place a small space heater right by my drafting table. I am snug as a bug in my chair, colouring away.

    Keeah is a sweetie and turning out to be as photogenic as his brothers Noah and Jonah! :-)

    Teresa said...

    What a wonderful studio you have! So light, airy and perfect for creating. Love the goat pic!

    Hope you had a good summer and are enjoying Fall :-)