Saturday, February 28, 2009

Coloured Pencil Leaves WIP 4

I didn't crop this image so you get some sense of the scale of the piece. Veins have been added to the back leaves and the upper leaf now has a stem. I have spent more time building up the background although it isn't easy to see in this photo. I still need to work on the colour on the inside of the front leave and I am going to change some of the veins in the greenish leaves. The next time you see it, it will be finished!

If you have been following my blog for a while, you might remember these images:



You see, I don't always do big, funky subjects. :-) I have finally put these pieces and a few others onto my website. I have also changed the gallery around a bit. I sorted art into subject sections. The nature section has only two paintings in it but once the leaves are done, it will go into that category. Lots of florals though! Please note, if you are looking for the new works, I interspersed them with the older images for the sake of presentation (depending on their height and dominant colours). So if you haven't been to my gallery before or haven't been in a long time, you can visit it by clicking here. If you are wondering why I don't have 'buy' buttons on my work it is because some pieces are sold, some originals are not for sale at this time and the rest are already framed with glass (not acrylic) and I don't usually ship such pieces.

I am off to put some yummy desserts onto plates - this afternoon is my cp party/open studio!

4 comments:

Ann said...

Wow. This is an ambitious piece! It's already beautiful.

artbykarieann said...

Love the apples, love the flower but those leaves are stunning, they remind me of a tiffany lamp

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Ann, yes this looks like an ambitious piece, probably because of its size but it actually isn't. It doesn't have near as much detail as most of my smaller pieces do. I am glad you like how it looks. I am afraid the wip photos just don't do the piece justice.

Hi Karie-Ann, thanks for stopping by! I see what you mean with regards to a tiffany lamp. A very nice comparison. By the way, I love your dogs, both the real ones and your art!! :-)

Tresses said...

Stunning work! I love it all!!!
Teresa