Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tulip on Pastelbord

tulip, copyright Teresa Mallen
Coloured pencil on Pastelbord


This is a small tulip piece that I did last week. It is 5 x 7 inches on a panel of tan coloured Pastelbord. The lower picture is obviously from when it was a work in progress.

This sort of work is great for sales. I don't know why, but tulips are my best seller. People also usually like the smaller format because these pieces are less expensive and they can fit anywhere in the home.

I have enjoyed working on these small Pastelbord panels but now it is time to work on something different. For my next painting I shall return to white Stonehenge paper and something not quite so small.

I haven't had too much studio time as I have been busy on the business end of things. I have been doing up some advertising as well as refreshing my inventory list. Yes, I took my own advice. I realized as I wrote the post on inventory lists that it had been quite a while since I had worked on mine. I also have started a rough draft of a press release.

Now I need to get back to writing my June newsletter. I hope to have it finished in the next 24 hours. I have to get my studio cleaned up and set up for teaching this weekend and I have some material to get ready for the students.

And yippee the new frig did arrive and it is purring away as I type. Guess that means I have some grocery shopping to do! Our kitchen is now a cooler free zone!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi I just found your site and was happy to read you support World Vision. I do, too. Love your work, it's very soft and peaceful. And I have to take some time to read all your comments. You seem to have a lot of helpful things to pass along. Thanks!

Teresa Mallen said...

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for stopping by! And aren't you a sweetheart for leaving such a lovely comment?!

I am glad to hear that someone has actually read my bit in the sidebar about making a difference. I am truly passionate about people making some sort of effort to help others. It can be down the street or across the world but we can and should do something.

I shall pop on over to your blog and we can continue the converation there. :-) Thanks again for your kind words. They are much appreciated.